There are multiple caching levels to be mindful of with a typical ArcGIS Server environment. This factor often makes debugging difficult. Below I have made an expanding list of issues related to cahcing as well as the various cache levels to clear when debugging.
Issues related to caching: query does not return correct field as defined in ‘outFields’ query property
- AGS web service cache, this can be cleared by restarting the AGS web service from ArcCatalog or by web admin interface
- Tile cache, cleared by ‘deleting cache’, and then reconfiguring tile cache within service properties of the web service
- Web browser cache, cleared by clearing cache of web browser
- REST API cache, cleared by going to http://yourserveraddress/ArcGIS/rest/admin/cache and clearing cache manually
- KML cache, if using a Google hosted KML with your application, to have this load dynamically you need to add a random number to the end of your kml address … google it!